Intestinal gas followed by bloating happens to everyone though we tend to avoid any kind of discussion related to it. Though there are several medicines available to reduce gas pain and offer relief from bloating and indigestion, we all know that they are not without side effects.
Home remedies for gas make use of simple ingredients which are easily available at home, are without any side effects and offer instant relief. Try these home remedies on a regular basis and reduce your gas related problems for life.
1. Drink A Glass Of Warm Water
A glass of warm water works as an instant reliever from gas. If unable to eat due to excessive discomfort, you can double warm water intervals. It is good to have a glass of warm water every two hours as it helps to rest the stomach.
The toxic condition reduces and the inflammation is also eased. Warm water dissolves most laxative herbs like carom seed, cumin and asofoetida. It helps in retaining body water level which is doubly beneficial. To make it even more effective, squeeze fresh lemon juice which will speed up the process and offer you relief more quickly.
2. Potato Juice
Pinch of Salt
Grinder or Mixer
How To Make Potato Juice
Chop potatoes into small cubes and place them in your grinder with some water for easy grinding. Add a pinch of salt if needed. Grind till you get a smooth mixture. Add warm water to this mixture and keep it aside. You can drink just half a cup of this juice before your meal. It will not just prevent the formation of gas, it will also help in removing bloating and existing gas. It is advised not to store the juice in refrigerator and prepare it fresh just before consumption. It helps in retaining the nutrients making it more effective.
3. Vinegar And Warm Water
If you have apple cider vinegar at home you can use it as a treatment for gas. Alternatively, normal vinegar is equally good and offers instant relief. This drink is extremely soothing for your entire digestive system and helps in tackling all problems of indigestion.
How To Make The Drink
To prepare this drink you need two tablespoons of the vinegar and mix it well in a glass of warm water. Let it come to room temperature before you drink.
10 Home Remedies For Gastroparesis
12 Natural Remedies For Gas And Bloating
5 Valuable Home Remedies For Alleviating The Symptoms Of Gastritis
Top 10 Natural Home Remedies For Stomach Gas And Flatulence
Ginger works as an excellent treatment for gas, bloating and indigestion. It can be taken in its raw form, as a juice and best used in different recipes in your regular cooking. It will slowly prevent the problem of gas and bloating.
How To Use Ginger
- Chew – After heavy meals chew a small but fresh piece of ginger. It prevents gas formation and offers relief specially if you start feeling uncomfortable and experience discomfort after heavy meals. Those who suffer from chronic gas problems can consume fresh ginger as a medicine after heavy meals.
- Ginger Tea – One of the most common ways to use ginger is its use in tea. You just need to take a spoon of ground ginger and add to the water when boiling when you are preparing tea. This tea can be consumed at least 3 times in a day for relief.
- Ginger Oil – Take a spoonful of ground ginger and mix it with any type of essential oil and warm it. You can then rub or massage this oil on your tummy for relief from gas related pain.
- Add Ginger To Food – You can use ground ginger or dried ginger while cooking. It not just enhances the taste but also works as an effective remedy to prevent the formation of gas and offers relief.
5. Baking Soda
Baking soda has several beneficial properties which makes it a highly in demand ingredient for stomach related problems. It is highly effective in curing gas and bloating as it neutralizes the acid present in stomach and that too fast.
How To Use Baking Soda
- With Water – In a glass of water add two tablespoons of baking soda and mix it well. Have this immediately for instant relief.
- With Apple Cider Vinegar – In a glass of water add two teaspoons of apple cider vinegar and 2 tablespoons of baking soda. Have this immediately. Depending on how severe your gas problem is, you can have this three times in a day.
6. Fennel Seeds
Fennel seeds are easily available and if you suffer from gas problems it is wise to stack these in plenty at home. These seeds are very effective in treating gas, acid reflux ailments and bloating conditions. They can be used in numerous recipes as a part of your everyday cooking.
How to Use Fennel Seeds
- Chew – After any heavy meal chew a spoonful of fennel seeds. Once you are done have a glass of warm water. Gas will not bother you.
- Prepare Fennel Tea – In boiling water add fennel seeds along with tea leaves. You need to let it steep for at least 2 minutes. Add a few drops of lemon and little bit of pure honey for sweetness. Let it boil for sometime more. Strain and have it warm.
7. Chew Food Properly
One of the main reasons for gas formation is inhaling of or producing extra gas in the intestine. Gas is formed when we gulp down food fast along with small pockets of air. Undigested food in the intestine caused due to poor breakdown of food particles mainly because of incomplete chewing results in formation of gas. The best way to prevent gas is eat slowly and chew your food well so that food is well digested and gas formation prevented.
Try any or all of these tried and tested home remedies for gas and prevent this typical discomfort forever. If you know more such easy home remedies do share them with us.